James Hardie Siding is one of the best ways to immediately improve your home’s insulation, weather durability, and curb appeal.
There are many ways to side your home, including vinyl, wood, fabricated stone, brick, and so forth. Since the 1980s, however, the James Hardie company has made higher-tech siding boards that address many of the shortcomings found in those traditional materials.
How is that? Why are they the most trusted manufacturers in the business? Continue reading to find out why.
What is James Hardie Siding?
The James Hardie company makes siding products from a material called “fiber cement.” What exactly is that and how does it protect your home?
It’s a synthetic substance that typically comes from sand, water, Portland cement, and cellulose fibers. James Hardie uses certain trademark additives to generate a superior product. In a nutshell, those ingredients produce something much denser that will protect your home against even the coldest winter forces.
As you’ll see from our recent work examples, this is also one of the best ways to procure the sharpest exterior appearance. You can take your home from the doldrums to outstanding just with state-of-the-art siding.
Several Advantages Over Other Siding Materials
There are a plethora of advantages you gain from using the James Hardie brand of siding. Here are just a few of the more obvious ones:
- It’s vastly superior to wood and vinyl in terms of moisture absorption. Fiber cement doesn’t experience wood rot or leave you vulnerable to biological nuisances like mold and algae.
- It also doesn’t chip, peel, crack, or require constant maintenance.
- Fiber cement is flame resistant.
- Do you wish to improve your exterior curb appeal? An investment into this premium siding option always helps.
- Tests show that HardiePlank can last even beyond 60 years.
- James Hardie always offers (and honors) terrific manufacturer warranties.
- You no longer have to concern yourself with the stigma of vinyl siding if you live in an upscale neighborhood.
- Pests are non-issue with fiber cement siding. Woodpeckers only peck wood and the same can be said about termites.
- You get dozens upon dozens of surface texture and color options.
For further reading, consider checking out why this is the top choice for Minnesota siding installation.
Check Out Craftsman’s Siding Portfolio Using Hardie Siding
Behold some of the splendid work we’ve done with James Hardie Siding on some of the fine homes in Minneapolis. One of the best parts about their siding is the variety and versatility. You can see what we did with this home in Eden Prairie, where the homeowners wanted to shore up the dull, uninspiring vinyl look.
We were able to practically revolutionize the home’s exterior with gorgeous Deep Ocean siding from James Hardie ColorPlus, to go along with new shingles and other updates.
Then we did this awesome renovation in Minnetonka with Iron Gray siding, perfectly complimenting the cedar nickel gap siding on the front door. Both of these examples show how you can invest in siding and completely transform your home from an eyesore into a magnificence.
Craftsman’s Choice: Elite Preferred Installers of James Hardie Siding
Did you know we’re actually approved by the James Hardie company as Elite Preferred contractors? Yes, and that’s because not every siding company has the training and wherewithal to install it properly. This premium siding comes with different size boards, which tend to be pretty heavy, making the assembly process less DIY-friendly.
If you’re looking for exterior renovation professionals who can handle this kind of work as well as roofing, doors, windows, and porches, you’ve come to the right place. We’re the area’s #1 Siding Contractor, according to a popular reviewer, BloggerLocal.
Get a free estimate today to find out how little it takes to get James Hardie Siding ready for your home in Minneapolis.