Craftsman’s Choice offers a professional, friendly and entirely transparent installation process.
We’re the number-one-rated Minneapolis James Hardie siding contractor for those exact reasons. Not only will your house look its best, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing the job was done right.
The siding installation process is much more than just getting the old siding off and putting new siding on.
- It’s a time to look at what additional features you can add to beautify your home.
- By going with the James Hardie siding, clients get that design function that they can’t get from other products.
5 Steps To a Beautiful Minnesota Exterior Remodeling Project
Step 1: On-Site Inspection
The first step is a home visit with a free consultation. Our knowledgeable project consultants will inspect the existing siding, find any issues that may be present and make recommendations about how to move forward.
Perks of the initial free consultation:
- The creation of a 3D, 360 degree model of the proposed home improvements.
- Renderings by the design team of additional features such as porches, porticos, windows and doors.
- Consultation on James Hardie colors to match your home’s style
Step 2: Presentation of Exterior Remodeling Proposal
Our design team will outline the materials and labor involved and create an estimate for your James Hardie siding project.
We want to be upfront and transparent with clients regarding siding and additional feature upgrades. We work to give you your desired look within your budget.
A second appointment will be set to review the designs and proposal with several options.
Step 3: The Siding Installation Contract
After the selections are decided, a contract is reviewed together.
- At this time, our design team will work with you to make any revisions to the drawings
- Our team will help you set up a Customer Portal, which is a one-stop shop for all project information. Whether you want to review project documents, see current balances or pay invoices, the Customer Portal will help you get there seamlessly.
- A deposit is required at the time of signing to secure your project. Down payment amounts vary by project type.
Once the contract is signed, we will order the materials and schedule an installation date.
- The Project Manager will contact you directly with the anticipated start date window.
- Average time period between contract signing and the start of the installation project ranges between eight to 12 weeks.
- About two to four weeks before the project starts, the Project Manager will have an onsite meeting with you, walk the property and go over the expectations and homeowner responsibilities to prep the house and any outside areas for the installation crew.
- Materials and dumpster will arrive on the property the on or shortly before the installation date.
Step 4: The Siding Installation
It’s installation day! Our team will arrive on time and ready to go on the scheduled installation day. Removal of the old siding begins as we prepare to complete the installation process for your new James Hardie siding.
- A watertight wrap is placed around the house.
- If there are any window features added, those are first.
- Roofs and other features will be addressed along the way
- During the installation process, the Project Manager visits the project site multiple times per week.
- Clients should keep track of any issues or concerns and speak with the Project Manager sooner rather than later. We want to address any customer issues as soon as possible while the crews are still at the site.
- Average installation take two to three weeks
Step 5: Clean-Up & Walk Through
Leave the clean up to us. We will dispose of all the waste properly, and your house exterior will be picture ready. We will also conduct a walkthrough with you to ensure everything meets your needs and expectations.
Choose the Elite Preferred James Hardie Siding Installation Contractors in Minneapolis
You can rely on the Craftsman’s Choice team for your James Hardie siding installation. As Hardie Elite Preferred Contractors and the top-rated siding company in Minnesota, our installers are trained and certified to install the product by the manufacturer’s specifications.
You desire beautiful, long-lasting and durable protection for your home, and we are here to make sure that happens.
Contact Craftsman’s Choice for a free siding installation estimate.