Summer is a great time to evaluate whether you need a window replacement somewhere around your home. You never want to allow hot or cold air to seep into your home through poorly-insulated windows. Therefore, it’s worth your time to make sure this doesn’t cause your power bill to skyrocket.
5 Signs That It’s Time for Window Replacement
These are the five most common indicators that tell you it’s time for a window replacement.
- The window becomes a huge hassle to open and shut.
- You always notice a draft of hot/cold air emanating from the window sill.
- Outdoor noises like lawn mowers, passing cars, and construction work are becoming a big nuisance.
- Your window has extensive frame damage, including, but not limited to, wood rot.
- You’re bored with the aesthetic and want to enhance the curb appeal.
There are other reasons to switch out your windows, but these are the ones we encounter most frequently with our Minneapolis clientele. To summarize these, we find that most people want to address poor insulation, damaged framework, or lack of curb appeal.
Beautiful New Window Options
Once you decide you want a new window, your next step is to determine what style you desire.
Bay windows, for example, are an excellent upgrade if you want something premium that will improve your interior ambiance dramatically. These are the windows that extend outward beyond the window frame to create a “bay area” inside your house. It’s one of the best ways to invite more sunlight into your home, and you can place furniture within them to create a tranquil reading space.
Which window brands should you consider?
We often recommend Marvin brand windows for various reasons. They produce eight different window styles along with customization options. This includes double/single hung, sliding, casement, awning, and corner windows.
You can even get fancy and install Marvin windows with European-style tilt turns. The design options are extensive and their products come from reliable materials like aluminum, wood, and fiberglass.
Major Advantages to Getting New Windows
We can’t wait to help you realize the many benefits of upgrading your windows. There are several reasons why it’s a smart investment for homeowners in Minnesota.
- Better windows can really bolster your home’s security significantly.
- It makes living near a busy road much more bearable by blocking most of the noise pollution.
- You’ll save a lot of money on heating in the winter and air conditioning in the summer.
- If you’re trying to link your home’s exterior with the rest of your neighborhood, then it’s crucial to look into new windows, doors, roofs, and siding.
- Many new windows utilize glass that does a much better job blocking harmful UV radiation (a big problem in the summer).
- It can fetch a really good ROI when you decide to sell your home.
As you can see, it’s a good move to at least consider renovating your home with new windows in anticipation of warm weather this summer.
Craftsman’s Choice: Window Replacement Services in Minneapolis
Replacing a window isn’t typically a DIY-friendly operation. That’s why Craftsman’s Choice offers generous replacement services for windows and several other home-exterior tasks. You get great peace of mind knowing that it was done by a fully licensed and trained technician.
We don’t want you to take our word for anything when it comes to our service commitments. It’s better to consult the long list of positive testimonials we receive on reviews sites like Google Reviews. There we have a nearly perfect rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars.
Call us soon for a free estimate on window replacement services!